Server Suggestions

Tifa

Hello, I wanted to make some suggestions for the Zombie Escape server.

Crouch jump -- I am just curious to why it was changed to jump-crouch. One player (aggressively) told me it was for easier lasers(?). Even with the key switch around I found jump-crouching to be much harder to even do basic jumps onto crates.

Freeze Grenades -- The freeze time is way too long. Witnessing 12 players hold off 40 zombies with relative ease with well-timed freeze grenades. Game breaking stuff while being frustrating for the zombies as well. Not to mention on moving objects they are an instant win for the human. In my opinion they should be lowered or removed entirely.

Hostility towards new players -- Likely the people on at the time but I found them to be very aggressive towards me and the few questions I had.

Constant use of m_say command -- Just found it very annoying.

Thanks,

I wish to play this server more but I am having a lot of trouble adjusting to the settings as they are so different to other servers.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for making this post. 

Crouch bug is a byproduct of the CSGO bug. It's not intentional and its only because of the duck speed. This will be fixed soon. If one player told you that, that's the players opinion. 

Freeze grenades will stay on the server. Currently they only last 1 second with a tiny range. I feel this may be a new mechanic for you the same as other servers with bazookas, turrets, flamethrowers etc. This is the only advantage the humans really have for defense besides the guns in their guns. There have been quit a few threads on this previously and my response has always been the same. There are some occasions where they can be OP, but this really is not the majority of the time. 

Hostility may be down to you making suggestions in game or something (I don't know, I was not there). We get lots of travelers coming here telling us how our server should be like the main server they play on. It could also be a cultural difference. If you feel a player is being too aggressive, then make a report with evidence here: https://forums.ghostcap.com/forum/22-report-a-player/

Without any evidence or context its pointless to make this a "Server suggestion"

Yes m_say is annoying but it gets peoples attention. We are open to alternatives for this. 

"I am having a lot of trouble adjusting to the settings as they are so different to other servers." - This is why different servers exist. Some people like different settings. We cater to what our regular players and the majority of people like. 

Crouch bug is a byproduct of the CSGO bug. It's not intentional and its only because of the duck speed. This will be fixed soon.

I see, thank you for the information.

I feel this may be a new mechanic for you

I have played other servers with it in my time and it was overpowered then and overpowered now, that is my opinion of course.

same as other servers with bazookas, turrets, flamethrowers etc.

I have never seen such a thing unless you are referring to map items?

There are some occasions where they can be OP, but this really is not the majority of the time. 

I tend to disagree but it's not up to me at the end of the day. Getting a voice out there is better than nothing.

If you feel a player is being too aggressive, then make a report with evidence here: https://forums.ghostcap.com/forum/22-report-a-player/

Thank you. It wasn't worthy of a report but it just came off as arrogant + hostile.

Without any evidence or context its pointless to make this a "Server suggestion"

Understood. What evidence do you require?

Yes m_say is annoying but it gets peoples attention. We are open to alternatives for this. 

Other servers use other variants that will pop up and not be disruptive. How to do it that way, I have no idea.

This is why different servers exist. Some people like different settings.

For sure.

Thanks for the response.

I have never seen such a thing unless you are referring to map items?

hes referring to utilities on zeddy server but it such a bad example because people have to defend and save money for it meanwhile everyone can buy decoy at the begin of the round since it not that expensive and if 12 players know how to throw it one by one then it could make a changes on defence .but if it's owner decision to make decoy as permanent feature then you can't do anything just feels bad for people who uses decoy as a part of their strategy when come to leading 

4 minutes ago, WhiteCat said:

hes referring to utilities on zeddy server but it such a bad example because people have to defend and save money for it meanwhile everyone can buy decoy at the begin of the round since it not that expensive and if 12 players know how to throw it one by one then it could make a changes on defence .but if it's owner decision to make decoy as permanent feature then you can't do anything just feels bad for people who uses decoy as a part of their strategy when come to leading 

So defensive! Hardly a bad example. I’m pointing out other servers have items for human defence. Some of them OP and game breaking too. But if you take away decoys on our server, then humans have nothing. 

12 minutes ago, pedrotski said:

So defensive! Hardly a bad example. I’m pointing out other servers have items for human defence. Some of them OP and game breaking too. But if you take away decoys on our server, then humans have nothing. 

hey im fine with decoy on server if it's "server uniqueness" and current skill base .but seriously breach charge set fire to zombies ? lmao what thing will you copy next let me guess "tag granade" ?  

All servers have their own settings and gameplay features, so comparing one server setting is not a good metric of something being "overpowered."

Zeddy has bazookas and flamethrowers, but they require a shit ton of defending and money earning to even buy when it's better to just use the limited money we have for rebuying weapons. Bazookas are also disabled on certain maps as well, so it's no longer really the main strategy on the map. I also know some chinese servers have things like gravity grenades, zombie bazookas, etc. But they also have their own system of balancing out items by locking certain extra features behind things like vip paywall, or simply having money from defending to buy the items. It's hard to describe something overpowered and compare it to other servers as each server has their own way of balancing. 

So it's completely understandable if each server is using their own ideas for balancing. No need to get defensive or offensive about anything. Every server can decide what they want to do. If you're not a fan of a specific server settings, there are always other options to try out. Or you can just take the time to get used to it.

Edited by Koen
Clarification of my point

7 hours ago, Tifa said:

Hostility towards new players -- Likely the people on at the time but I found them to be very aggressive towards me and the few questions I had.

Was it MIKU that was hostile to you? smh that guy..
Jokes aside, normally everyone is very welcoming of new players.

7 hours ago, Tifa said:

Freeze Grenades -- The freeze time is way too long. Witnessing 12 players hold off 40 zombies with relative ease with well-timed freeze grenades. Game breaking stuff while being frustrating for the zombies as well. Not to mention on moving objects they are an instant win for the human. In my opinion they should be lowered or removed entirely.

As said, every server has its "uniqueness".
Not only the server that was already mentioned, but russian servers also have things you can buy like miniguns, i have seen unlimited ammo also which you could also with relative ease hold off 40 zombies having 12 players.
Then, theres other servers that doesn't have any of that, but instead they have 10x (or so) more knockback on zombies for example.
Its up to you to play on the server you like most, or get used to it.

The freeze is just different because, as you said, it is a life saver and game changing on elevators.
Some maps have exclusive easier strategies just because of it.
Maybe it should be more expensive? maybe we could only have 1 instead of 2? maybe humans should start off with 0$?
All i know is that previously decoys had a different price, and it has been "balanced" to be as it is now, so i rather just play as is.

Also, welcome Tifa ?

18 hours ago, WhiteCat said:

You wrong , you need to buy decoy , its not free on spawn anymore its more like you need to defend to buy utility now , and has limit of buying utility too 

On 1/30/2022 at 6:17 PM, WhiteCat said:

hey im fine with decoy on server if it's "server uniqueness" and current skill base .but seriously breach charge set fire to zombies ? lmao what thing will you copy next let me guess "tag granade" ?  

Breach charge napalm plugin is not owned by anyone but someone from pse who create it , i dont know what are you talking about bud even tagrenade plugin is invented from chinese server first 

Edited by NJOOSHY

On 1/31/2022 at 12:57 PM, NJOOSHY said:

Breach charge is not owned by anyone but someone from pse who create it , i dont know what are you talking about bud even tagrenade is invented from chinese server first 

Breach charge is owned by CSGO. So saying it's "stolen" is retarded. Literally all features between community servers are shared. 

1 hour ago, pedrotski said:

Breach charge is owned by CSGO. So saying it's "stolen" is retarded. Literally all features between community servers are shared. 

Sorry i mean breach napalm plugin  lol whitecat say like they owning it wich is kinda dumb to me