[suggestion] collision on

Imagine you just wanting to awp and people zooming around the map because there are auto bunny hopping enabled.

Just nerfing knife wont help it, why?

First, you can't be blocked, meaning you will NEVER lose speed unless you hit a wall,

Second, even if the knife is nerfed, it would be so easy, literally so easy to knife someone whos sole is to play AWP peacefully, i.e +strafe, +left, +right bind.

Third, knife will not only be abused, awp + bhop + no collision could cheesed so easily, i.e bhopping into someone and no scoping.

All in all I don't see the point of turning collision off in an AWP server when bhop is enabled as it would not only turn into a knife only server to some people but also ruin the fun for normal awp player.

Thanks for reading this and please take this into consideration 😉

• Like 4
  1. we are no strangers to love
  2. you know the rules and so do i
  3. a full commitment is what im thinking of
  4. you wouldnt get this from any other guy

48 minutes ago, serthon said:

Imagine you just wanting to awp and people zooming around the map because there are auto bunny hopping enabled.

Just nerfing knife wont help it, why?

First, you can't be blocked, meaning you will NEVER lose speed unless you hit a wall,

Second, even if the knife is nerfed, it would be so easy, literally so easy to knife someone whos sole is to play AWP peacefully, i.e +strafe, +left, +right bind.

Third, knife will not only be abused, awp + bhop + no collision could cheesed so easily, i.e bhopping into someone and no scoping.

All in all I don't see the point of turning collision off in an AWP server when bhop is enabled as it would not only turn into a knife only server to some people but also ruin the fun for normal awp player.

Thanks for reading this and please take this into consideration 😉

We will wait for more feedback on this post before we make a decision. It seems people are split 50/50 on this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spy steal information said:

+1 collision on   
may lower distance between bhopper and non bhop 

I don't argee with turning collision on since the server is already fast paced, if with collision on would be highly annoying for bhop players also with collision on, the players might devolve some shitty meta example they just burst into player who are bhopping and kill them. 

Personally, collision should remain off and no spread/no recoil should be turned ON. 

Just going to give you some background coming from my time playing competitive quake 3 promode back in the day.

The reason being is this game mode is popular because it resembles instagib modes in older arena shooters such as quake. 

If you're not familiar with quake, there is a weapon called a rail gun and gauntlet. In this case your gauntlet is a knife doing 50 damage per right click, similar to quake. 

However this is where the issues happen. 

Because there is NO collision and spread, it means you have to come to a stop if you want to use your actual skill to get an kill.

If you shoot while using your movement with no spread off its more based on luck.

This is why right now, no collision is an advantage for movement players because if you want to shoot someone, you have to be standing still. A movement player can just run rings around you knifing no matter the damage.

tl;dr: Current settings don't require actual movement or aim skill

Here is a video of some older quake game play so you understand what I mean. 

Hi,

I just want to point out that by changing the server to no collision and no spread, it will automatically change the gameplay and strategy. So you can't complain that knife will be abused or that people are just zooming around the map noscoping people due to the fact that its the play style of the server. Since no collision and no spread is newly introduced to the SEA Community, a lot of people might go against it at first but overtime, some players will adapt and enjoy playing it while others would still prefer a normal awp server with collision and spread.  I personally agree with turning on no collision and no spread due to the simple fact that it makes the server distinctive and unique from other SEA awp servers. It provides GhostCap Gaming a competitive gain or advantage over other servers due to its unique playstyle. 

• Like 2